Sofia University "Sv. Kliment Ohridski", Bulgaria
Faculty of Medicine uses its own modern auditoriums and laboratories, as well as facilities in the Faculty of Biology, Faculty of Physics, and Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy in Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”. Clinical disciplines are being taught in University Hospital Lozenetz and Military Medical Academy.
Medical Faculty comprises seven departments:
1. Biology, Medical Genetics, and Microbiology
2. Physics, Biophysics, and Radiology
3. Anatomy and Histology, Pathology and Forensic Medicine
4. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pathophysiology
5. Internal Diseases, Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Pediatrics, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, and Skin Diseases
6. Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology
7. Neurology, Psychiatry, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health
Faculty of Medicine teaches students in Medicine, Nursing, and Medical Rehabilitation and Ergotherapy. Student curricula fully comply with Unified State Requirements of Bulgaria, and recommendations of Directive 93/16/EIO from April 5th, 1993. Length of the Program in Medicine is six years. The Program has an accreditation from the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency valid through September 8th, 2017 (http://www.neaa.government.bg/bg/ institutions/profesional/hs_lists?content=9873160789487350460). The Academic Council of Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” approved the Program Medicine in English Language in 2012 (Protocol No. 12 of July 11th 2012). Faculty of Medicine runs two Bachelor Programs – Nursing and Medical Rehabilitation and Ergotherapy, which are positively evaluated by the Accreditation Council and the process of their final accreditation is close to its end. Faculty of Medicine is a base for postgraduate training of physicians aiming to acquisition of clinical specialties.